February 15, 2011

pennant necklace

i made a necklace last week and thought i would share!  the last time i remember making a beaded wire necklace and using crimp beads was in junior high, so i thought it might take me awhile to complete this project.  from start to end, this only took me 15 minutes and was super easy! 

i'm a new fan of DIY necklaces.  this necklace, which was inspired by pennants, is my first real piece of "red" jewelry and marks my first time using chain in necklace-making.  for those of you plagued with sensitive skin like me, sterling silver chain is my new best friend.   

there will definitely be more necklace projects to come.  cheers to my first generation of necklaces!

Pennant necklace

I wore my necklace when we accompanied my friend to David's Bridal.  These hairclips are definitely going in the ideabook for future projects!

I know you can't really tell in this picture, but the pennant necklace adds color to an otherwise gray outfit.  This picture was taken on a visit to Belden Place, SF.

Look at these pennants!  I saw these during a walkaround of my neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment